Dear family and friends
Many of you have asked to be kept informed so here goes…….
Just to let you know that following Jordan’s admission to Royal National Orthopaedic hospital in Stanmore last week, he has decided he wants to go ahead with the amputation of his right leg (above the knee). In the event that he needs a tracheostomy (not a high possibility) he will have the option of having his left foot removed during the same hospital admission. This is because subsequent surgeries will carry a higher risk.
This has not been a quick or easy decision for Jordan (or us as a family) and he is still very scared (mostly about making it through the surgery). Thank you to all the support we have had so far, I have a feeling lots more will be needed! His surgery is planned for 7th September.
He will probably be in hospital for 2 weeks initially (depending on how much he has done, could be longer) then come come for about 3 weeks for healing. His rehab when he goes back to hospital could take 2 to 3 months (or longer). It is not guaranteed that he will be able to wear a prosthetic limb but that is Jordan’s hope. He is going in to this knowing all the risks as well as worst and best case scenarios.
Please keep Jordan in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you
Tracey, Dean and Kai